Tuesday, June 16, 2009

More Rain, Late Nights, and Purple Flowers


I love purple coneflowers and seeing that pictures makes up for a long day at work. Late meetings always wear me out even when I go in late to try and make up for it. But we're not hear to discuss my work hours. Though, it did rain AGAIN on my way home from work. I'm really starting to wondering if the weather knows how to do anything else but rain. Though this week is suppose to start getting into the upper 80's which I don't mind, but do mind when the AC has conked out. You know it's bad when you start to hear the AC cycle on than hear a resounding thud. Yup...AC is down and out and may need a complete replacement, the fan won't even work. I guess that's one of the good things about living in a rental, I don't have to pay the repair fees. Might make sleeping tomorrow night interesting with the warmer temperatures and humidty, but we shall see.
I figured that showing another flower, this one's Black Eyed Susan, before telling you about my escapades in my apparent inability to read a pattern today. Kept working on the bricker socks hoping to get them done before the end of the week. I've already finished the first sock, no problems. Wonderful. 2nd sock though apparently is trying to trip me up.

Finish leg repeats...check. Switch stitches around for heel flap...check. Knit heel flap...check. Turn heel...check. Pick up stitches on side one of heel flap...check. Begin to knit in pattern again on front side of sock...NOT check. I had forgotten one little itty bitty detail before beginning the heel and switching stitches to the correct needles. Knit 3 stitches from needle 1 to needle 3. Hmm...think that might make a difference? Yup...had to rip it all the way back to before starting the heel and fix that minor detail. So...behind, again. blah.

I think we're back on track now and the sock will be done in the time framed that I planned.

I think I'm nearing the end of the Fan and Feather Comfort shawl. Soon my friends, soon.

With trying to get that knitting done and crazy work schedules it's pretty much eating up most of my time. Hopefully in the next few days I'll have some new pictures to show you, I hope. In the meantime I'll shower you with flower pictures.



All these pictures are ones that I took from my mother's garden a few years ago, but I never had any good way to share them until now. My mom introduced me to gardening when I was young and if it weren't for her I know that I wouldn't be where I'm at now. Thanks mom, I couldn't have done it without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment