Monday, June 15, 2009

Long Time No See

Compared to the last four posts this one is going to be a tad on the short side. We have some friends coming into town tonight that I haven't seen in about 6 years. It's one of Dave's best friends from high school and it will be nice to visit with them for the evening.

I don't want to keep boring you with the same old knitting that I've been working on, that just gets boring. but I should have pictures late of them both being finished. So, instead I'll go back in time and provide some eye candy on a previously finished FO. I can get away with that since I didn't have a blog going when I was working on it and after it was finished.

This is Coral Gables by Anne Hanson. I was my first test knit for Anne and it was a done of fun. It's such an easy knit, but looks absolutely beautiful. The yarn if Fearless Fibers merino laceweight in Brunette. It's on the heavier side of laceweight but oh so soft and squishy.
This will be getting reblocked as soon as I get my hands on some lace blocking wires. I did the string thing for blocking, but we just don't get along well. Or maybe it's my lack of patience, haven't decided yet. Guess I'll have to wait and see how things go once I get those wires. Then again, I've been saying I need to get blocking wires for awhile now and haven't gotten around to it. Oops.

Okay, I know I said short post...but I dont' have any spinning to show off that's new, but I do have plants photos!
These are Sycamores. I love the bark on these trees. It's simply beautiful. Though they can be prone to a fungal leaf disease called anthracnose, they are still worth it. Typically it causes leaf drop which can be kind of messy due to the large leaves, but it the trees are under little other stress factors they can typically handle it. We've had such a cool wet spring that I'm won't be surprised to see that leaf drop a bit later this season.
And one last pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment