Friday, June 12, 2009

Friday Fun

I love Fridays. It means a weekend of being with friends, grilling out, and plenty of knitting and spinning time.

When I work up this morning, fog had rolled in and it was think. It did remind me of those times that you see the thick fog in horror movies, so of course I had to take a picture.
It did make driving a bit interesting to get to work this morning, but I did get to a point where it did clear out and sun started shining.

I spent a lot of time today working on the fan and Feather Comfort Shawl and definitely making progress, but since it doesn't seem much farther than yesterday, I think that I'll wait for more pictures of it until it's done or blocked. It will look much better at that point.

But to appease the need to see knitting pictures, I've been working on some pieces for Chris of Briar Rose Fibers. The first piece is the Boxleaf Triangle by Anne Hanson of Knitspot. Anne's patterns are my absolute favorite lace patterns ever!! If you have not looked at her patterns yet, I can't recommend them enough. The Boxleaf Triange is being knit up with Briar Rose Fiber Sea Pearl a lovely merino/tencel blend. Lovely to knit with.
The picture does not do the colors justice for how beautiful they are. The up close shot is a bit better.

The other piece that I'm working on for Chris is the Bricker Socks also by Anne Hanson.
It's a wonderfully quick knit. The yarn is Briar Rose Fiber Grandama's Blessing. It's 100% superwash merino in sportweight. Super soft.

There's a mini arboretum in the town where I work and the Catalpa tree was in bloom. I have never seen so many blooms on a Catalpa before. They look like mini orchids in clusters.
This is specifically the Catalpa speciosa. It's also known as the cigar tree.

But one of my most favorite imagine is the London Planetree growing over a small "lake" near where I live. It's beautiful and if you live near me, it's very recognizable.


Enjoy your Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment